View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
SubDad
2nd Gear Member

It's astonishing...

... that a car manufacturer would answer such questions, or would even be able to do so. BMW:

My correspondence with The Masters:

Nov 7: Dear Mr (SubDad),

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 320i VIN 1559399 was manufactured on January 10th, 1986 and delivered on May 13th, 1986 to the BMW importer Tehnounion in Ljubljana. The original colour was Platanengruen metallic, paint code 188.

There is no special country model specified in the database, so I would expect that the car was technically identical to the standard ECE model.
Nov 3: Me to them;
My E30 was brought to Canada in 2008 from Serbia. VIN is WBAAAD310001559399

I wonder where the car was first sold, and if it was first sold in Yugoslavia/Serbia if there were any changes to the normal western European build standard to allow its sale in Yugoslavia. The car has L-Jetronic injection and no catalytic converter.
FYI, In the boiler-plate below their response was:
Please note:
Due to relocation, the BMW Group Archive will be closed from 1st November 2012 presumably until spring 2013. During this period we are unable to process any requests for certificates. Furthermore, there will be no possibility to conduct research in our archive. However, if you are interested in ordering customised calendars, archive products and photo or film material please contact prior to 30th November 2012. As soon as our relocation is completed we will be able to offer our services again to the highest standards. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you very much for your understanding. Please check for updates on www.bmw-grouparchives.com.
SubDad is offline   Reply With Quote