Thread: Whats poppin!?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #113
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Thanks for the "OG" mention Sheldon, honoured. lol

Glad I was part of the early 2000's Maxbimmer parking lot pimpin', garage meets, cruising at night, good buddy stuff, and most important food destinations!

I was just thinking the other day how much I preferred the internet back then. The Maxbimmer (car club) vocation seems to be replaced by "social networking", I honestly hate social networking. I would rather read/search BMW stuff and make jokes then repetitive baby pictures on Facebook. Maybe people are just growing up around me, moving on? They seem to have the same amount of time to waste reading tweets and timelines, so I don't really "follow" it? Things have really changed, back then if you said something ignorant you would get called out or a complaint would go to some guy sitting in his parents basement... not the authorities. Oh well, I still work on my car from time to time - usually consists of opening the hood, looking at the motor, sip a beer and scratch my ass.

Would be nice to see ye OG's a little more often so I'm down for a reunion or whatever meet... that sounds really gay. I do run into members from time to time along with the usual "what year is that, looks mint" people on the streets. lol

Take care ladies and germs.
Slowered318 is online now   Reply With Quote