Wednesday, October 31, 2012 --
Yesterday I cut off the rivets on the steering joints. Dumped them in degreaser, scotch bright and degrease again. Left those to sit over night.
Arrived at the shop, gave them a quick rinse and a dry. Got started on assembly of the AKG E30 - E36 Steering Rack Conversion Kit with the Poly Urethane Flex Shaft Coupling. Everything went well and looks good too.
Having the right tools to do something is the greatest thing someone can ask for. I removed all the bushings that were stuck in the subframe and the trailing arms in roughly an hour. Since I'll be using a Z3M diff, I had to remove the output flanges from my stock diff. Very easy.
Good news, My rear bags were ordered today that I way modify the trailing arms before I sent them to sandblast/powder coat.