View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
And -- there's controversy about how good it is to delete PS on a PS rack using a plate like that, better to get a real manual rack if you want manual steering.
I have heard the arguments about wether or not it actually makes a difference. Some say it does and some say it doesn't. For the money though I figured I would give it a try and I needed something to cap of the holes anyways. I have nothing to compare it to so I will probably never know if it is better or not.

I haven't heard of it being damaging or worse for the rack or feeling. Have you?

Definitely a proper manual rack is the way to go, however you will still be left with a high ratio rack. A lower ratio is very nice.

The best thing to do (although I have no idea what it costs) is to get a proper manual rack that is modified with lower ratio internals. I found someone who does this when I was doing mine but I can't remember who...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburn21 View Post
how is the feeling? nice or not? I see you finally put the ps pump?
I actually never reinstalled my PS. When I first did the swap I had an issue with my steering and I thought the PS delete may have caused it. I was going to reinstall my PS to see if it fixed it but it was something else so I didn't.

I wouldn't recommend that you delete PS for a better feeling. The better road feel you may have without PS is negated when you have to park or maneuver at very low speed. Especially if you have a low ratio rack. And if you use your car as a daily driver then you are more likely to be parking then needing better road feel.

I would do it only for simplicity or if your PS system needs a lot of work and this is cheaper.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote