View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I don't think anyone can beat Mike's price for TWS.. Why not buy enough for like 3 or 4 oil changes? You can also use the lubro 10w60. I'm currently using that and its holding up well. Jay @ Stance Factory says the TWS and Lubro are essentially the same oil (they pretty much copied the TWS) The only benefit of the TWS is cold weather protection but if you don't winter drive the car its ok.
TWS is also better for those who want extended intervals. If your like me and change it every say 3k-5k it won't make a difference.

What do I use? Castrol TWS and Mann filter. Lubro is good, we carry it as well and have never had any issues. I spent a lot of time at bobistheoilguy.com and was reading from engineers at Castrol (or ex engineers) that worked on the TWS oil back from the 70's recommended to use the Castrol for those who really push their cars, and for those who don't then do not worry between the brands.

I'll see if I can pull up those threads. I ordered a bottle from blackstone and will do a UOA when I do my soon up coming oil change as my car has had TWS in it from day 1 (serviced at BMW of Mississauga with all records up to me).

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote