View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #27
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie591 View Post
My father is a systems architect and has been for the last 35 years. I can assure you that architects make nowhere close to 250k a year.
Your father is getting the shaft. I know many people making 50k+ just starting out @ rogers. If you know where to look, there's money I don't need to explain myself as people in the IT sector vary like yo-yos. Some make 120k+ a year and some make 80k a year. Having a business is what I'd like to do and then progress into a architect after having year of exp behind me. Consult companies for 250$/hr and make piles of money. That's what I want to do, and will do. What you think is right is your own opinion, I come from speaking with people who tell me aprox. what they make and will make my own conclusions. Any fool who thinks that the tech industry only makes 40k a year needs a reality check. Yes, I've worked @ Genband and seen many Indians come abroad, but only for 6-8mnth work terms. Also worked @ Ciena and seen how they operate. Once you get networking, it's not hard to find some money trail that can net you 70+ per year.