View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

I washed my car...now I have an issue...

So I washed my car...and well...disaster. My trunk wont open and several lights aren't working but the bulbs are fine :S.

I will begin by saying I know it's a common issue where people have forgot to check the trunk lock switch in the glove box, however, that is not the case.

The issue I'm having is I washed the car as I normally would at a coin-op. Proceeded to hand dry the car at which point everything was working correctly. As soon as I started the car, I got the following CC-ID error codes:
Trunk open

The car is suggesting the whole driver side of the trunk loom has malfunctioned; which is exactly the case as my whole driver side inner tail lamp doesn't work (reverse light, inner light) and license plate lights or trunk lock switch (I can open with key).

My brake lights work perfectly fine, left and right. My passenger side inner lights work fine as well as reverse.

I checked the loom from the trunk and it seems okay as I can't find any frayed wires; maybe I'm not looking hard enough? I dont know.

So I thought I'd check the fuses (2, 19, 31, 32, 33, 52, 53, 12, 7) but all were perfectly fine.

Any help would be great, it's a 07 E90