View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
jeff2
Jeff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMA View Post
Congrats on your purchase !! I was there a few months ago to check out a 335i coupe . The sales guy was semi-honest and told me that the car was in a "minor" accident ..... " minor " ended up being a $8000 front collision , but then again a front headlight assembly is usually $1800-2500 for BMWs these days !!
You do get what you pay for !!! If you are happy with an accident repaired car and don't want to pay top dollar then I would actually recommend this dealer .
Thanks ! I checked another dealer close to them and was looking at a 2007 328xi. Body and trim was in great shape cosmetically but with slightly lower mileage(or so it seemed). When I looked at the carproof report it indicated 3500 worth of accident repair. Rear bumper impact, so likely needed a new bumper. Because it went thru insurance I would think the shops jack the prices up hence the high repair cost. Not sure what it would have cost if he went private (if he could). The reason I didn't buy that car is because 1. Carfax also indicated that the odometer may have been messed with. 2. ownership/registration had changed half a dozen times after the accident and registered in different cities, which leads me to believe it had other issues. Just seemed fishy to me. So I didn't pursue.

The one I bought from DPAG had minor scratches and I could tell a bit of the bumper had been repainted but it was very acceptable to me. Check out the attached photos.

Body condition and looks is one thing but reliability is more important to me as it is my wife who will drive it every day.

J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front sunup.JPG (269.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg back.JPG (269.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Drive side.JPG (431.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg pass side.jpg (107.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Front at sundown.JPG (232.6 KB, 118 views)
jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote