View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
SFX Group
2nd Gear Member
SFX Group's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cambridge, ON. Canada
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by marek View Post
Yes younger than 15 years you need the recall clearance letter and to register it with RIV and do all the stuff with Canadian Tire. My experience is with vehicles older than 15yrs.
Ive done one older than 15 years (Motorbike) was easy, however i found getting the recall letter for that was alot harder, i didnt get charged a lookup fee, however was told by Honda (bikes) they dont always do it (maybe as they cant find them, depending on the country, this was from the UK).

Not involving RIV seemed abit easier as the list was alot lower to hit, i remember when i did it (2009) they where talking about raising it from 15 years to 20 or 25 years, not sure thats even possible to get a car 25 years old to comply (which maybe the reason they wanted to raise it).
Many Thanks
© Copyright 2015 - ::: Click to see my current second hand parts :::

::: My Videos :::
::: LED side indicators ::: Navigation Mk2 to Mk4 upgrade ::: Glovebox position damper ::: 740Li 2013 tour ::: Voice Control teaser trailer :::

>>> Click picture to see my car used on TV as the James Bond car <<<<

SFX Group is offline   Reply With Quote