View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
bmdbley'sBro Im a little dissapointed in your thread here. How do you take what he says in that speech and misconstrue it so much?

everything he says is 100% spot on.

and you know what, that comment about the golden gate bridge, build by private funding. give me a ****ing break.. private funding my asss. Next youre going to tell me that rogers, bell, At & T, etc, etc, BUILD all of this internet infastructure without any help??

Lol, ya, you mean the near 0% borowing rates, the tax incentives given to them from the government banks and governments ??

wow dude, wake up man.

no business exists without the help of everyone else. you cant have a business that people dont buy from. you need a community, a town, a city. you need roads, you need police, you need internet, etc.

so he is right, YOU didnt do that all on your own without any help. You got help, from your people.
obviously I didn't create the video or all of those pictures..
i'm spreading a conservative, libertarian sentiment or opinion - to create disscussion, out marxists etc

Quote:
Finance
The Golden Gate Bridge and Highway District, authorized by an act of the California Legislature, was incorporated in 1928 as the official entity to design, construct, and finance the Golden Gate Bridge.[11] However, after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the District was unable to raise the construction funds, so it lobbied for a $30 million bond measure. The bonds were approved in November 1930,[14] by votes in the counties affected by the bridge.[24] The construction budget at the time of approval was $27 million. However, the District was unable to sell the bonds until 1932, when Amadeo Giannini, the founder of San Francisco–based Bank of America, agreed on behalf of his bank to buy the entire issue in order to help the local economy.[7]

Construction
Construction began on January 5, 1933.[7] The project cost more than $35 million.[25] The Golden Gate Bridge construction project was carried out by the McClintic-Marshall Construction Co., a subsidiary of Bethlehem Steel Corporation founded by Howard H. McClintic and Charles D. Marshall, both of Lehigh University.

Strauss remained head of the project, overseeing day-to-day construction and making some groundbreaking contributions. A graduate of the University of Cincinnati, he placed a brick from his alma mater's demolished McMicken Hall in the south anchorage before the concrete was poured. He innovated the use of movable safety netting beneath the construction site, which saved the lives of many otherwise-unprotected steelworkers. Of eleven men killed from falls during construction, ten were killed (when the bridge was near completion) when the net failed under the stress of a scaffold that had fallen.[26] Nineteen others who were saved by the net over the course of construction became proud members of the (informal) Half Way to Hell Club.[27]

The project was finished by April 1937, $1.3 million under budget.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gate_Bridge#Finance
what you call 'help' I & others call 'WELFARE' thats created cartels, monopolies & combines that make competition near impossible.
this welfare is paid by us all in the form of ever increasing taxes..
and this welfare surpasses all social welfare by a magnitude of 10!
again the hst 8% cost increase on electricity, gas, some foods & services - during a recession!
60% of canadians are living cheque to cheque -85% of many small cities & towns are on social assistance (u.n #'s)

See before 1917 (ww1) there were no taxes on labor (including canada), and it was only on the richest 2-5%. But by 1947 via incrementalism & patriotism (end of ww2) everybody was paying taxes on their income. so you might ask: how did the U.S. gov make any money? well they were way smaller back then, but mainly they made money putting tariffs on Items being sold by businesses..this is why up until the 60's- 70's one guy with a high school education (or not even) could work at a factory & make enough to buy a house, keep his wife at home raising 2 kids, & even save enough money for the kids college or university.

all our federal taxes literally go to foriegn bankers that happily lend our politicians whatever they want at interest. selling out the future (look up: tales of an economic hitman). I heard the interest per day on the Canadian national debt is $150million+ per day & thats the 'minum visa payment' so to speak..