View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

The E92 M3 GTS is the real track rat pumped out by ///M for E9X chassis. The Lime Rock edition is for those in the USA. E36 M3 LTW was the US version of the M3 GT, and so on.

The lime rock edition is made to boost sales, because the guys in the USA will spend it. I went with a friend of mine to Pfaff to price out a 996 GT3 they had there few years back, and well the orange GT3 they had there had a extra couple of grand option for a body coloured painted gas cap. I do not doubt the truth that someone would pay for it, because the previous owner of the car traded it in so he can get the new GT3 before his friend. The same thing will happen with the M3s.

The reality of it is BMW can make a true enthusiast car, and sell it...but the limited amount of production that would be ordered would not give them enough profit. Why? The price they would have to sell it at for those who can afford it, are smart enough not to invest into it. The ones who can are race teams who buy GT4 M3's, to drive their F10 M5 home.

How many people who have said the new M's are not true M's...actually driven them....and who has driven them how they're supposed to be driven?

For those who say its just for posers, stop being a hater. Also think of it this way, if you were to buy all the BMW performance accessories and add it on with the special paint how much will it cost? I noticed a titanium exhaust is on there...most likely its the 5k Akrapovic system on their which 90% of E9X M owners have. That system is replicated from the M3 GT4 exhaust, also made by Akra. 70k USD for the car is a good deal, if that how you would want it anyways.

The business dept. at BMW may not be as bright as those at VAG however they aren't stupid either.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 07-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote