Originally Posted by Ceeker
did you find out if it's ceramic coated?
I answered that on the last page. Some more detail on the company and the process...
Tubular said the place that's doing the coating has been doing coatings for 20 years. The coating that is used on the cone of the space shuttle was developed by the guy who's running the shop. With specific regard to the headers, the process is as follows:
1. Chemical dipped to clean them
2. Blasted to remove any scale or other debris that the dip did not remove
3. Coated inside and out
5. Blasted with softer media (i.e. walnut shell)
6. Second coating on outside
8. Polished in a bead tumbler