View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
cut the guy a break..he's part-time business owner. and really ISN'T doing it for the money. now if he's not doing it for the money then he's really not in it for the business side of it is he? so what do you expect from him? Do you think he should invest all his time and energy to make a few ticks on the dollar just to make you guys happy? He said it straight; I'll get you parts to the best of his knowledge and make a buck or two for his time and trouble and the inconvenience for this, is patience. if you need it sooner or immediately then buy from a big business and pay the piper!!
Bull$hit. I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere except in this thread, in his own defense. He must be a REALLY nice guy if he is willing to deal with all the headaches that come from dealing with angry customers to do this for peanuts. If that's the business model, it should be spelled out in capital letters on his homepage - "Great prices, whenever we get around to dealing with you, after we have your money, that is." I'm pissed because he accepted a payment from me for some parts almost 4 weeks ago and hasn't returned PMs/emails since. Nothing. So I read this thread and see that he went on a nice vacation. Would have been nice to know. I could deal with what he "straight out" said if it actually would have been straight out. My beef is that there was no mention of him being away, possible delays, etc. and absolutely no communication after taking my money. Not to mention a total disregard for my project timeline. You'd think a true enthusiast would know how frustrating it is to be kept in the dark for weeks after forking over money for shit he needs to keep his project rolling. How hard would it have been (knowing he was leaving for vacation) to say, "Nick, I can get your parts no problem, but if you need them asap you might wanna try somewhere else as I'll be away for a month." This is in no way about wanting something for free, it's about people conducting business poorly.