View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #55
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemn View Post
I have the same issue... VERY minor shimmy at exactly that same speed... (120) - goes away above that speed and below that speed. RMP is quite familiar with my car as they have helped me maintain it to pristine shape for years (350K now). I apologize but I do not recall what Rocco's hypothesis is for that tiny shake in my car at that speed but he did do a thorough inspection on it and drove it the last time I was there last week. In my case it is a very minor tremble at exactly that speed and I too am very nitpicky about the driving dynamics of my car but chose to hold on this for now and monitor to see if it gets worse.

I will mention it to him again and let you know if he recalls what it was on my car - maybe it will help you out too.

Is your steering wheel vibration during braking resolved now? If not I can tell you from my experience that I had the same issue as well and the root cause was warped front rotors. I drive about 50K a year (mostly hwy so not a lot of braking at all) and I had my brakes done at BMW about 21 months ago so they replaced my rotors and pads under warranty - that solved this problem entirely.
Thanks for the reply. I wish all replies were this helpful and polite! Fixing my car is on hold these few weeks. I will keep you updated as soon as I get the chance to look into it.
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote