2nd Gear Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Car: E30 M3, Volvo V70R
1988 325ix Touring Alpine White $7500
1988 325ix Touring Eurospec - Alpine White
$7500 Certified and E-tested
$6500 As Is
* 5 Speed manual transmission.
* 197xxx Kms.
I'm posting this ad for my father, who is the owner and seller of the car.
History: I bought the car in January 2008. It was imported to Canada in 2004 from Germany, and had one Canadian owner previous to myself. This was my daily driver for a couple of years. I loved it, but the arrival of three kids prompted my purchase of a larger car - a Volvo V70R as a daily driver. I gave the car to my dad in 2010. My parents thought they could use another car, but it turns out they prefer their Mercedes, and they don't drive the E30 very much, so it's up for sale.
My father's name is Andrew Lam. Inquiries should be directed to his email address or to him by telephone, rather than to me through the PM system here. The car is garage kept in downtown Toronto at my parents' condo, where it is available for viewing by interested parties.
416 368 3457
* Black leather interior - seats are heated, height adjustable, in gorgeous condition.
* Rear seat head rests.
* M-Tec rearview mirror (lights on undersurface of mirrors).
* R134 A/C retrofitted and blows incredibly cold.
* Dash is crack-free.
* Euro 'smiley' headlamps.
* German check light panel
* Flat load surface (seat flips up, backs flip down) - both practical & cool.
* Maintained at Autotrend by Don Katsumi with an open-wallet policy - lots of money spent, truly too much maintenance to list. It was maintained to be kept by myself, and then in the family, so cared for generously.
* Extensive maintenance records available, both in our family and previous owner.
* Krown rust-sprayed.
* Alpine CD player.
* OEM BMW door tweeter speakers.
* Very solid car, with rust-free scuttles (ie: beneath A-pillars of windows, a vulnerable and expensive spot for E30 rust)
* Non-smoking - always.
* Freshly detailed.
A prospective buyer should know:
* Right front passenger door replaced - with new door - after it was dented while stationary.
* Small surface rust spots appearing at a few rocker seams and in hatch.
* Passenger side sun visor hangs down at an angle. It never bothered my father (who is a smaller man), but I just noticed the other day when I took the car for a spin.
* Has load cover for cargo area, which is somewhat rare, but one attachment point is broken and would need a few parts and fiddling to work perfectly. It can be put in place and then is totally functional, so we never got around to fixing it.
The best part:
The BMW obsessives, like me, will want to know this: Only 5273 E30 325ix Tourings were ever built, making this car even more rare than the E30 M3!
This car is rare, cool, practical, and unbelievably good in snow. It has all the solid goodness of the E30's in a lovely bright, white package.