View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
No, I am still using Shell's V-Power.

But to be honest with you, I run my car on regular gas from Petro for 2 months and it ran just fine. I am not recommending it, but I doubt it's a huge issue as people make it to be. I heard from a couple of people who own older BMWs that they have been running regular gas for years and the cars run just fine. May be not the best performance option, but I doubt regular gas will break the engine. But again, I am no mechanic or expert on the topic.
GOD LORD, please sell it. The reason your car runs "fine" on 87 is because the knock sensors are still working and retarding the timing. I bet your car pings like a mother%&**er.

The timing of the motor is meant to ignite gas at a certain temperature+compression conditions, hence 87 98 and 94. 87 fuel ignites at different conditions... hence why you HAVE TO USE 89 or HIGHER. Simple. Higher octane has nothing to do with performance, its TIMING SETTINGS. If a car is ment for 87 , you use 87, if it needs premium, it needs it, you will NOT get better performance from 94 in a 87 tuned motor, you risk messing it up, same going for using 87 in a premium requirement car. Only in Canada and the US do we have the retard bronze silver gold system as if 94 is better then 87...anyways. In europe its colour coded and makes some sense, without the illusion of "better " gas.

Shimmy? Control arm balljoints, bushings, tie rods, UNBALANCED WHEELS, warped rotors,Sway bar end links ( not significant for shimmeys) and bent rims. Easy

Inspect, replace in pairs.

Listen to people with experience and not your theories.

Last edited by 5style; 06-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote