View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

So got my e30 vert safetied & plated - after a police encounter & towing

and now for the latest edition of 'Fuk - my life'

Quebec changed 'the law' for some reason recently regarding Trip Permits. they now only give 3, valid for that 1 day only or 12hrs. after this you must tow your car if one is to be 'legal' . so dropping the car off at a mechs to replace balljoints/control arms & picking it up the Next Day is 2 permits right there and i already used one getting it to the initial inspection! then i had to make 2 seperate trips involving wirering, so i would've needed like 6 or just a week long one.. but nope, only 3. I figured it all out, towing wise: 1st electrical work - for DayTime Running Lights caused need for more wiring work & some relays to lower volts, as a fuse was popping. So i would've needed like 6+ tows - epic money..

so I'm driving to re-inspection at noonish the other day with no temp plate, car was insured & was 'safe' other than official beauracratic paperwork saying so. I pass one cop he stays put, I pass another & he immediately pulls out & pursues me & puts his sirens on. only 4,5 blocks from inspection! This cop had the $100K per system Robot Plate Reader! so as soon as i passed him it popped up on his screen. yeah, aparently in BC they have them on lamp posts & have databases of your travel patterns & everything from what i read. cops database has other info like socio-economic, race & stuff aparently. the BC Privacy minister was going off about it

anywho: he initially said i have no choice I have to tow it, i'm like no you don't you have discression you could let me drive the 4,5 blocks to inspection, lol. he's like i have no choice its the law. so I get a $440 dollar ticket as they load my car onto a towtruck.

So I notice something though, and sure i'm a little ticked i just got a ticket because of a stupid law change that made it impossible to pass my car without spending over $600+ on towing. I notice the officer has no Name Tag, Badge number or any other identifying info. which hey guess what is also a law that is supposed to be followed. so i start asking the officer why he doesn't have that anywhere? he says its on the ticket. I say yes i know, but why isn't it displayed on you anywhere. he says WHy? uhmm because its the law sir. I'm like i know it was combat pants & jeans when you were on strike, but the contract is signed so why no info, sir? Now i always keep a camera rolling during encounters, sometimes a phone going to a answering machine too. so i'm like 3,4 ft from the guy holding the cam panning it back & forth while saying you have no ID present anywhere.. the officer slaps at my camera hand & tells me to get on the sidewalk, then his hand is twitching like he's really frustrated/upset. which hey guess what there was a street cctv cam on a lamp post 30ft away..so its silly to get upset by a camera or a person asking a legit Q.. Anyways I got on the sdiewalk all 'ok sir but, you don't have to assault me' .. so i didn't get arrested.

I go to the impound - literally in the same parking lot as the Gov Inspection place, lol, & they tell me I need a release form from the police 1st & its $25 a day for impound fee's. So i could've waited a day, but instead i waited at the police station for 3hrs for a release, this after paying the ticket. so i get the car out of impound, it was $126. I honestly thought it would be more! So the Inspection center is still open, i'm thinking yes. so they look it over & the rubber on 14" factory rims was a few mm to worn so FAIL! Lol, but they let me leave it there over night. fortunately my bro had some other rims, I had rubber so $68 (install & balance) later, jacking & swapping the wheels in the parking lot: it passed!

look at how blimpy those tires are! and 1 pic of the 17's it failed on * and even with the $570 in tickets I figure I still came out cheaper than the towing would''ve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture. 012a.jpg (136.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Picture. 014a.jpg (147.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Picture. 002a.jpg (86.9 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 06-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is online now   Reply With Quote