View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #155
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Officially I don't think the colour of the injectors means anything. Just go based off of the part number. You can check that they both have the same pintle design and impedance just to be sure.
What kind of lbs should I go with? Obviously the stock 17# M50 injectors that are in there are too small. What size should I be going with?

Quote:
That diagram is incorrect. The intercooler has to go between the supercharger and the motor. The goal of the intercooler is to remove heat that was added to the charged air from the compression.
Does the intercooler go before or after the BOV? Or does it even matter?

Quote:
The line on the BOV is a vacuum line, it hooks into the same spot where your fuel pressure regulator gets vacuum. When you go off throttle while under boost, once the throttle plate is closed pressure will continue to build between the compressor and the throttle plate unless it has a way to be released. Thatís where the BOV comes in, and thatís why itís vacuum actuated..
So I'd just get a coupling and attach that line to the intake at the same place?

Quote:
Tuning depends on what your plans are. If you are only going to run one boost level then a chip will be ok. However if you ever want to change pulleys for more boost you'll need to get a new chip..
Which do you think is more cost effective?

How do I choose what pully to run?

Quote:
Air to water intercoolers aren't very big to begin with, so I'd say as big as you can fit.
These go on the front clip, the same as a regular air intercooler, correct?

So the main things I need to buy for this are:

1. Supercharger
2. Recirculating BOV (like this one)
3. Air to water Intercooler
4. Pully for the M50 crank
5. Chip
6. Pipes (I found a bunch on ebay, just figure out in the car approx what I need and buy?)
7. Vacuum line for BOV
8. Larger vacuum line for recirculation

Is that generally it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know

Last edited by MaxBell; 06-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote