Thread: 3 Series 97 318ti CLEAN Cert & E-test
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

97 318ti CLEAN Cert & E-test

Hey,

The car is a 97 318ti, auto, silver. I purchased it off a co-worker, he purchased it off a customer. The vehicle came in last year with a blown rad. Turns out it was overheated and the head lifted between cylinder 1 and 2. I removed the cylinder head got it machined and re-installed.
The car has 246k on it, but it doesn't show it's age at all. It's one of the cleanest E36's I've seen, it would be a perfect daily driver for years to come or a perfect cadidate for a swap. There is no rust on the car, and it is actually getting [professionally polished and waxed next week.

I've put in all new OEM parts and services from the dealer that include:

Radiator
A/C and Serpentine Belt
Lower Control Arm Bushings
Heater Bowden Cable (common no-heat issue on ti's)
Brake flush
Coolant Flush
Air filter
Oil change (1000km ago)
Crankcase ventilation valve.
A/C service (Blow ice cold)

When I did the cylinder head I resealed the engine, it leaks no fluids. I used the revised camshaft timing for rough idle. This shifts the intake cam timing 6 degrees to smooth out idle. It's a BMW service bulletin for a common issue.

Everything works on the vehicle, it has heated cloth seats and a new CD player with iPod hook up that I just installed.

The vehicle passed E-test 2 weeks ago with flying colours and is still valid. I can work out getting the vehicle safetied. It won't need anything to pass. The only negative thing is the header flange is warped, so there is a small ticking noise when running. It needs a exhaust manifold, I can fix it if need be.

It also comes with a mint BMW winter tire package.

I'm asking 4000 Safety and E-tested. 3700 E-tested.

Sam
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote