Finally got my hands on a hood. I was planning on just throwing it on but after further inspection it was not diamondschwartz. It had a golf ball size dent on it near the washer nozzle and also had some pretty deep scratches that I was not able to remove. I got it for a good price and it was completely rust free (thanks Gleb) so decided to try and paint/prep it my self with my friend. This is the biggest/flattest body panel that we have color painted so good opportunity to practice. I should have taken some before pics but I forgot. Here are a few shots of it after primer and a wet sand before base coat. Look at the reflection
. I think we are getting better at this lol. Can you see the dent? Our confidence level to want to tackle the whole car is increasing lol. Still lots to learn though.
Once we laid the first coat of base I realized my phone was dead. I'll take a few shots of the final product this weekend. We are Going to try and lay a few extra coats of clear so the final wet sand can be a little forgiving. I would like to get the clear to look like the primer did when wet.
The car also went to stance factory today to get a few things installed. I'll update when I get her back. Unfortunately my rim deal did not fall through. I had a deposit on a set of 16x9 borbet type As. The deposit was returned to me last night after two
months of waiting. Long story short I am looking for rims again.....or who knows, maybe I'll just dump that cash into other things for the car.