View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Wow. I guess some people just donít understand the way the system works.

Perhaps a few of you are basing your opinions on the way things happen here in Ontario, where people bitch and complain, but then sit on their asses when it comes time to take any action.

Quebec enjoys some of the lowest tuition rates in Canada for a reason, and itís not because the government just happens to be overly generous in that province, or because someone just hasnít gotten around to raising the rates. Itís because they are actually politically active.

I donít exactly agree with the rioting, but aside from that, Ontario should be taking notes. Maybe here in Ontario there are a bunch a bandwagoners. The Ontario government tells its students "we will give you one single day out of the year to protest" and like a bunch of fools we march when they tell us itís ok to march. Thatís worked out well for us hasn't it? To top it off, half the students just use it as an excuse to skip class, and donít even attend because they arent paying anyway.

It takes balls to do what they are doing in Quebec, especially when youíre in your final year and you could just say **** it, because Iím not going to be paying tuition next year anyway, so why should I care. Nothing gets done otherwise.