View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #213
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc123wc View Post
I just called them and the lady was very friendly. I am seeing them this evening. I was also advised on another thread to call Mister John and I did and the lady was VERY, VERY friendly! I am seeing them tomorrow!

(Both in Toronto)

I also called Auto Trend for mechanical work, but the man was not friendly at all and sounded more like a scammer than a mechanic! I asked him how much inspection costs, and he asked what car I was bringing in. I told him an e39 and he said, "$900-$1000!" When I explained to him it is only a check-up he said $113 because the checkup will take him an hour and he charges $113/hr. (RMP Motors charge only $80 and it takes them only 30 minutes!) He said for $900-$1000 he will change every filters, etc; buy how can he say that when he hasn't seen the filters yet? The strange thing is that the auto trend website is offering a spring special for $205, while he wanted to charge me $1000 for "changing everything!" So unprofessional. Not going to see them, and don't recommend them.

I am still looking for a mechanic along side RMP Motors. Not that RMP Motors is not good, it's just that I am seeking a second opinion before I go ahead with the maintenance.

Don at Auto Trend knows these cars inside and out. He's a no bullshit guy who will do what is required. I've taken my car there for maintenance and an hour later get a call listing whats up. By the end of the day the car is perfect - no scam. He was even nice enough to use BMW parts I had brought. He has a strong return customer base which should tell you something. I am very particular who works on my car...I have no issue with leaving my car with auto trend.
I get a feeling you want a $40 (1/2 hour) assessment and then complain that something was missed or what they found doesn't sound "right".
However, there is Bimmersport and others listed here that are excellent...but seriously give Don a break - he's one of the honest ones, and his techs are good....
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote