View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
andrew.k
Top Gear Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by nab24- View Post

E-brake didnt work at all so i just had all the e-brake shoes, rotors and all the hardware for the ebrake replaced. But after i use it 3-5 times it stops holding the car from rolling backwards but holds it from rolling forwards fine, so i had the mechanic look at it he retightened them and it worked for a night now same thing holds forwards doesnt hold backwards.... gonna have him look into it again. maybe you guys would know something?
Try to adjust the handbrake lever - Perhaps you cant pull it tight enough, even if they are new.

Quote:

I plan on repainting the whole car the same color but it has some minor scratches in it and doesnt look like it was done all the professionaly in some spots, also have 2 minor dents pulled
Get it polished - 2 stage - Repainting a car devaules it too much - and for such an old car, not worth it imo.

Quote:

Rear shocks were toast, replaced those with cheap ones from Napa for now. I will be replacing front and rear suspension but would like some input on what i should buy. im looking for something that sits as low as it is now, maybe a bit higher, and is under $2500. Coilovers, or springs dont matter, cause i would probably never bother adjusting the coilovers anyway.
Go with coilovers - Bilstein PSS PSS9 or PSS10

Quote:

The new rims i got were from an auto wreckers, they are stock OEM so i know they will last and they are in great shape but have curb rash and i will have them refinished and painted white probably within the next month or 2
I know a powder coating company who did work on all my BMW's & Audi's - A little more expensive - but lasts. Let me know if your interested.

Quote:

Needs new window tint and i plan on going 30% front 10% rear
Too dark - Stick with 35% Llumar

Quote:

Need to upgrade to bigger/better brakes, reccomendations? ($2000-3000 budget)
Please buy these and make me happy. - Amazing price imo & oem!
http://www.ecstuning.com/News/E36_E4...BBK/ES2215444/

Quote:

Also next summer i would like to single Turbo/twin turbo or SC the motor and do it up a bit. would love some insight on what you guys would consider is my best option and what is actually possible. would like atleast 450whp+ with a budget of up to $12k
No getting that power from your motor. If your looking for something in that range you bought the wrong car. Buy an E46 M3 - and then look into forced induction.

And post up some pictures.

Last edited by andrew.k; 04-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.
andrew.k is offline   Reply With Quote