View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
I actually had a rant about that at the bottom of my OP but it got edited out before this thread was 'approved' by the mods.

I was speculating on what niche this car is supposed to fill. Is this car supposed to be for people who think the 3 series coupe is too small but don't like the number 6? Because this is only slightly smaller than the current 6 series. I went on to point out that there is most likely going to be a 4 series GT as well as an X4 now. And finally I said that all BMW has to do now is make a slightly larger 1 series coupe and call it the 2 series, usher in the X2, and bring back the 8 series with a sedan version, but make a slightly larger coupe version and call it the 9 series.

Can I haz job at BMW now?

Like I get that they are going for smaller boosted engines to improve efficency, but someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but BMW made its name with legendary n/a straight six engines, mated to manual transmissions and rwd. They where drivers cars!! Nowadays they seem to only be interested in profits and not they're heritage.

As a result I have noticed a huge dive in there quality! I can see BMW ending up where Mercedes did a few years back. They had a terrible reputation but they have since made a come back and look at them now!!! BMW's heading for the same thing. They are turning there back on there heritage, there trademarks!! No more n/a straight 6's, no more m3??? WTF!!! Instead they are coming out with stupid cars like the 5 series gt. Only time will tell, but ones things for sure, I doubt I'll be buying a new BMW anytime soon if ever again. I hope I'm wrong. And I'm sure many of you will disagree and tear me to pieces now, so go ahead.
92 325is- sold
97 328is- sold
00 Land Rover Disco- sold
07 328i- sold
84 325e- track car, in progress........ SOLD!
87 325is- FOR SALE
98 328is- Current Daily
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote