View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #132
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
fair enough man. clean look is always good!
koni yellows are pretty much stock right? if that the case....change them. the s52 will be heavier and definitely will blow out your shocks, even with stiff springs!

is the exhaust manifold made to fit the e36? or custom for the e30...i had a problem intalling the engine with the manifolds attached, might have just been the excess down piping...but def keep that in mind. you prob wont have to though.
Koni SAs I believe are some of the stiffest shocks you can get other than a coilover setup. Plus you can adjust the damper to your springs. I don't think Ill have a problem running them with the minimal added weight of the S52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_s89 View Post
That sucks the fitting isn't 1/8th.
Edit: Just read 3x beemers post. Going to look into ordering a fitting.

And where did you pick up your oil centre?

Build looks good!
I got my oil centre used from one of the forums. If I was buying one new, I may have gone with the bimmerworld (I believe) adapter that uses a hollow bolt where your OEM oil switch goes. A lot more incognito and I think mounting the pressure sender would be better. we'll see how it goes.

I ordered my gauges from egauges, some come with a "metric kit" which is 1/8NPT sender and M10-16 adapters. For the one that didnt come with that, I ordered seperate adapter fittings from egauges at the same time. Should work out fine . I've been told the TB heater hole is M12 x 1.5 and I believe my oil centre is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
This kid told me otherwise...
Thats f'in jkz. My g/f confirmed just now that it has indeed been used exclusively as a sandbox all their childhood.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote