View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

i think we are doomed.. here is the official response from Burlington:

"Thank you for your e-mail and for sharing your views with me. Our Government recognizes the critical role modern copyright laws play in protecting and creating jobs in Canada’s digital economy. This legislation will ensure that Canada’s copyright laws are modern, flexible and in line with current international standards. It will encourage new ideas and protect the rights of Canadians whose research, development and artistic creativity strengthen our economy. This legislation is the result of one of the largest consultations of its kind in Canadian history. The Government acknowledges the extensive review and input already provided by stakeholders and Parliamentarians on the copyright modernization bill introduced in the last Parliament. From that process, the message from Canadians is clear, Canada urgently needs to pass legislation to update its Copyright Act. By reintroducing this Bill without changes, the Government is reiterating its support for a balanced approach to copyright reform. This was also promised in our platform in the previous election (page 15).

Sincerely,

Mike Wallace "

and thats why i voted NDP !!
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote