View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkley View Post
UPDATE:

Even though I had sent the video from my phone to the SA he had not been able to play it I was disappointed that they would not contact me to tell me they couldn't play the video. I could have converted to a .wav or .mp3. He also was young enough he could have sent it to his phone and played it. ANYWAY, just not great service IMO. Fine, have a problem; but wait 2 days until the customer is in the shop to tell them? BOO!

I played the video for him on my phone and he somewhat beat around the bush but did eventually say "that is not a normal sound". I was happy that he agreed without much 'fuss'. The main guy is away this week on education so I am going back next Wednesday. He also will share the video with his main guy but said he would want to hear the noise himself. I fear I will be without a car for a while if that's the case; intermittent noises can be from hell to find... seeing as I have 19 days of "new car" warranty left I am not happy to lose it for any of that time. I want to find out what else is going to break... do some hard driving, test it out.

... and my 'under the door handle' lighting IS BROKEN TOO. The whole CPO thing seems like a pretty shit process right now. In 6 days of ownership I have an engine problem and lighting failure. Makes you wonder what you get from them if you don't get a CPO vehicle!?
Eh, don't stress too much, the noise is intermitted, which means its not te turbos or the valves as those would be constant. I still say ac clutch pulley, since 99.999999% of cars turn the compressor on when you change the blower setting to window, feet and window since cold air clears condensation quicker and its dry air since the a.c. system produces dry air. Also, it sounds like its noise is consistant with the engine turning, aka, something that is belt powered, and intermittent, so that leaves Ac clutch pulley and alternator, since both don't run 24/7 but in cycles. Alternators however can be heard phasing through the radio, and otherwise are not audible even when failing.

Last edited by 5style; 02-07-2012 at 08:59 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote