View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #31
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL View Post
Hey, no problem, I think this application is a bit of an anomaly and probably why it causes so much controversy and confusion.

The S62 in the M5 and Z8 is perhaps a bit of an odd duck and I thought this whole topic was just as weird as you guys currently do when I first heard it.
Hey, been away soaking up the rays so I've not been on the board.

I think when it comes to the oil in these cars, you find the information that you want to find to support the decision that you are/want to make in terms of the oil for our engines.

There is also all the talk on M5board about BMW simply making the 5W30 an option because a lot of people complained that since the cars were burning so much oil (relatively speaking) and they needed to top it up frequently, they were not able to just pick it up readily, so BMW went back on the 10W60 only and changed that to include another "compatible" oil.

Anyway, enough about that,
sounds like the car is in good hands. See you at the meets, we will need to get all the M5's that have been popping up together and take some pictures in the summer.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote