View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
5th Gear Member
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 963
A car over 15 years old DOES NOT need anything from the RIV. You don't contact them or they will gladly take your money and provide you with something you don't need.

After having your title stamped by US Customs

1. You just pay your 6.1% duty (if not made in North America), GST, AC Tax to obtain Form 1 from Canada Customs.

2. Get a safety (all) and e-test (if newer than 1987)

3. Register car and pay PST portion of the HST

This applies to any vehicle imported from any country in the world (if it is 15 yrs or older). There is no Crappy Tire inspection or any recall clearance letters or other money grabs that are required.
marek is offline   Reply With Quote