View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
6th Gear Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^you dont have to pass RIV inspection (no going to canadian tire). You just take your completed form 1 to MTO and get an ownership (After you pay provincial taxes).

In alberta, there's yet ANOTHER inspection (out of province) that needs be be completed when importing an out of country car. We do save the HST though
What a rip-off. The RIV inspection is a crock of shit anyway. You only need to have DRL's and the rear child seat restraint only has to be in the car, not actually installed. Canadian tire will sell you one on the spot.
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote