View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
op sucks cock
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,925
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
No, no no.

If the car is over 15 years old, you still have to e-mail or fax your title to us export. You still have to stop at us export before crossing the border. You still have to go to canadian customs and fill out the RIV form 1. Except on that form, you check off [exempt - Over 15 years old.]

You DO still pay the RIV fee.
You DO still pay taxes.
You DO still pay the A/C tax.

Regarding plates in the USA: You can obtain temp plates from (almost) every state. Temp plates are ONLY valid in the state you are in. (If you buy a car in NC, get temp plates there, and get pulled over in NY, you have invalid plates.)

I wouldn't worry about plates too much. I've been pulled over in some ridiculous situations in the USA without valid plates, never had a problem. DO make sure you have insurance though. Your insurance company can usually suggest what they'd like you to do plate wise. Mine told me to stop in EVERY STATE and get a temp permit. No, thanks
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here:

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote