View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
Swatter
1st Gear Newbie

In the centre console is a 3 wire lead which goes to the aux jack on a flip out tray facing the rear seat on the back of the console, a two wire power lead which goes to the power outlet beside the aux jack, and a 13 wire cable made up of 10 individual wires and one black wire which has three individual wires inside it. These wires are plugged into a connector which is plugged into a harness which runs up into the hollow plastic hinge which holds the very top compartment of the centre console (the shallow one). The top compartment of the console has a false bottom. Also running into this false bottom is a coaxial cable. I am assuming these cables are for the optional snap in phone adapter which would replace the padded top of the console.

In the rear compartment there is a depression in the side wall which appears to be designed to hold some component. There are cutouts in the soundproofing where bolts or screws could be used to attach a bracket.

photo(7).JPG

The bluetooth module sits at the bottom of the compartment. The amp is tucked up behind the interior trunk liner and has numerous wires running to the end furthest from the opening used to access the compartment.

I did not see any loose wires or connections. There does appear to be a connection (which I tried to take a picture of) with several wires terminating in it which has what to me looks like a covered port. Does this have something to do with the satellite pre-wire?

photo(6).JPG

Checking the GROM website I notice they offer solutions for a 2010 X3 with DSP (GROM-USB2-BMW-T) so maybe this is a solution. I guess I will try contacting them with some of this info and see what they say.
Swatter is offline   Reply With Quote