View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #85
noid
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Do not need us to tell us your coming from a corporate libertarian point of view

question is what university, Guelph? I want to know what professor of what economics is this.

"social science background would have the same approach as someone like me and you"

approach? to what? social science people do not need math to prove models, they only need to know what the models are. Me and you can go into mathematical arguments but theirs nothing I can mathematically argue against because, for one as a third year, I am restricted in my box of knowledge, and secondly the math balances out so yeah theory works, history says it doesn't work hence i wonder why you think we need less regulations and more perfect competition is beyond me

perhaps I will start another thread, type out one section explaining the myths of expanding the economic pie, and present the precedents and statistics contrary. As for now I have to go and get back to you on your memo link
If you are going to supply statistical inference please supply your data sets (or atleast SAS or R outputs). Show that the proportion of variance indicates that the model you are using is good. I hope you know not doing so means virtually nothing because statistics can very easily be manipulated to infer whatever you want.

I fundamentally disagree with you. Going back to our most fundamental and beloved GDP (c+i+g+x-m). Per capita supported by a GINI index distribution, will immediately allow you to see that competition is working.

Edit: Just watched the video, and holy correlation and statistical transformation (especially transformation of the response variable, which in turn changes the distrobution of the variation of the error). I would venture to even say the data in his sets would show fairly low coefficients of determination. Perfect execution of how data can be manipulated to fool people.

If anyone cares enough to get that mans data sets I will personally do the calculations and show raw untransformed data.

Last edited by noid; 11-24-2011 at 11:20 PM.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote