View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Zimmie, I'm assuming you’re affiliated with Stancefactory. I have heard good things, thanks for the info. At the time of install I somehow don’t remember a second plug that looked like the one shown in the picture. I think there were only two separate two prong plugs, and one of the round type shown. Is that possible?

I'll get back under there in the next few weeks when I have more time and double check.

sparf328, if you have the 5speed, you most definitely do need a new carrier. The two are not even close. In fact the M3 Evo carrier that UUC suggests is also not a “perfect” fit. It offsets the gates ever so slightly. But the difference is so small you will prolly not even notice. Not sure if UUC corrected for this minor difference. It may even be a factor of the skew of the s52 cross brace compared to the S54 (if there even is a difference) or something related.

You can also use your stock M50/M52 flywheel and pressure plate, and get away with just using an E46 m3 disk. However, I would suggest not cheaping out on such an important part. Mixing and matching clutch parts usually results in a very odd clutch engagement and feel, and really takes away from the upgrade.

You also need to pay attention to proper master/slave cylinder sizing. I have the 325is Master cyl with the 325is slave.. it feels like crap, but ill be swapping in the M3 Master cyl over the winter. Not sure if there are any other options.

I would suggest you also change the clutch line, any and all shifter bushings and mounts and if your so bold, go with a lightweight flywheel seeing as you have everything apart.

Last edited by Discostar; 11-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Discostar is offline   Reply With Quote