View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #23
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
LOL. It's not getting up at 8am, it's getting there before 8am, if you arrive at 8, you're scrambling to get ready, you need time to register, car prep, body prep (washroom), track walk, drivers meeting etc. etc. I get up at 5am, on these days to be there for 6am to set everything up before everyone arrives...............and I AM NOT a morning person! LOL. I just do what I got to do.

Starting later at Mosport is not an option because of rules imposed on the track they are only allowed to have active vehicles on track between the hours of 9am - 5pm. Prior to, and after those times is for service vehicles only, and as such there is only insurance coverage for those times. So if we start at 11am, we're still paying the same amount for the track yet losing 2 hours of valuable track time. It's just the way it goes. Track guys typically set their priorities accordingly and give up a night of partying, go to bed early, in exchange for a full day of exhilaration and thrills. It's such a worthy trade off.
Haha. That's crazy John, 5am.
Reminds me of the days when I used to offroad. Get up at 5-6 and besomewhere by 8-9. Can't do that anymore, not sure wha has changed but there is very little that will make me get up early.
You will think that this is crazy, but last week I was veery sick and woke up having problems breathing. Well let's just say I spent almost an hour waiting to see if I'm gonna be fine bfore it got worse and my gf drove me to the emergency, all so I wouldn't he to get up! Hahah
Funny thing is, I don't like sleeping past 1030, weird.

Miss the times when the auto x was in woodbridge. I had no excuses then.

Have fun guys, maybe ill get hardcore one day or kids, those bastards will wake up at all times of the night/morning.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote