View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
yeah man , us 3 should , more ppl welcome lol
Will have to rent a lift space thou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
For my E36 last winter, I bought the spray gun from crappy tire and 2 cans (@$20 each) of Rust Check. Took all the interior and trunk panels out and went to town. Didn't bother with the underbody. The stuff was extremely runny - It was coming out the bottoms of my doors and various other places on the body forever. It ruined the rubber gaskets that run along the tops of the sideskirts.

I don't know how effective it actually was, but it sure made me feel like I did my part in the War on Rust. There was next to nothing to begin with but none of it got any worse and nothing new has developed so far...
I've used that thing before, the worst part its SO MESSY, it gets onto your clothes and its next to impossible to get them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I don't know how often my car was wintered before I bought it but it's currently rust free.

I wintered it one year but have been storing it for the last 2 years and will continue to.

Anyway, if for some reason it get a little salty in the fall or spring, I just make a point of power washing the whole underside. Anytime it's on the hoist I check all the common rust areas. When it comes to chipped or scraped paint underneath, I just give it a spray with some of the undercoating from Canadian tire.

I don't believe in rust proofing. It's just makes a big sticky mess that collects dirt.
I believe in rust proofing, the Volvo is from 1991 and when it was bought, my dad ensure it got some crazy ass rust proofing that looks like POR15 meets playdough, we drove it in winter every year until few years ago, not a spec of rust on the chassis.

I've also look up on the Chassis saver, but apparently its a just a knock off of POR15 that doesn't stick as well, and some people are having problem with POR15 with it chipping off if no paint was lay over it.

I'm debating about bedliner.