View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #352
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy16 View Post
hoping to make it out to next event as well as the few honda guys. had loads of fun. im the one who drives the red gen everyone seems to be complaining about lol
just to clear things up, the car is for the most part stock..only mods are intake, catless down pipe, and i gave the front end a little more negative camber. i am not over boosting no reflash no custom tune nothing. and i wish i made 230whp and 260wtq lol. to the wheels im lucky if im hitting 200whp.
regardless had loads of fun met some cool guys hope to come out again and have some fun
assuming i can get the day off work...agh..
I think everyone is just surprised that your car is in GS and not DS, but that's how the SCCA class the 2.0T. I bet it's faster than the FS classed V6 Genesis Coupe around an autox course. The 300+hp 335 is in DS this year but it used to be in FS. Sucks to be me in an old 187hp 325 I think it may come down to the US autox's having massive parking lots with much bigger/faster courses.
I think you should be okay with those mods, though I'm not sure about the catless downpipes. We'll have to see what John comes back with the classing.
Anyhow, you obviously drove pretty well, so congrats on that. Even in DS class you would have won. I think everyone assumed you were boosted because you can really hear the blowoff with your intake.
The separate issue is that the timing probably had an error of +/- 1 second which sucks because a lot of us were within 1-2 seconds of other competitors. Oh well, hopefully we have new functioning hardware for the next event.
The timing error is like having variable rain. It's just luck of the draw and we were all subject to it.
Hopefully we do see you at the next event.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca

Last edited by jabela; 10-06-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote