2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
welcome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS2000X View Post
Very nice Jared!
Thank you sir, I've tried to go for a CSL look but with a vert, next year I have to deal with finding a trunk, which is not that easy. I haven't seen another like mine in the city yet. I also took out an 08 e90 M3 a few weeks ago and was tempted to add it as well, but timing is wrong. Love the look of your car and would totally take an e90 over e92/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehskeo View Post
Sooooo jelly. Comparing the coupe and the 'vert, which do you prefer? Inside the coupe you get a real nice engine note, but do you get the metallic sound that people always hear outside in the 'vert?

Also, welcome!
I honestly prefer the vert. I was going to get another coupe but said to myself "I've already had one, let's try a convertible," and really, there's nothing like top down driving. I don't track the car at all so the performance advantage of having a fixed roof isn't advantageous to me at all.

The coupe's rasp is just as noticeable in the vert, only I would say the vert is a little louder (fabric top), especially with the top down. However on my coupe I had added a B&B exhaust which was extremely loud but toned down the rasp. This car I wanted something a little quieter since 99% of my driving is done roof down, so I put an Active Autowerke exhaust on this one which is much quieter.
beem3r is offline   Reply With Quote