View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #16
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
oh...constructive.

yes maintenance on the boxster is not cheap. be prepared for deep pockets or know someone that is willing to work on it for you. i believe the oil filter is up on top...at least the 2010 model is. many things do require an engine drop.

i think the boxster is a far better drive than the z4...it just feels more alive or visceral...but there is that pesky cost to maintain.

there is the TT...it's very different.

find out cost to maintain the boxster...i'd go with that one instead of the z4 unless you can get the MZ4 but probably not in the price range you are looking for.
I did look at the TT - there weren't a lot of drop tops out there - that's a big requirement for me. I've always wanted a convertible.

I completely agree about the Porsche. I love the on-the-rails like handling it has. But - and this is a big but for me - I do not deal with surprise major expenses very well. The porsche has a history of problems with the RMS and IMS, even in the newer ones (less so, but still there). With BMW - I know I will have to do fixes here and there - but I highly doubt I'll need to replace my entire engine, which is a possibility with the IMS issue.

I'm gonna see if I can find a TT to test drive. The other problem with the TT is that many years ago, I checked one out and I couldn't even extend my legs in the car - my knees were up in the steering wheel. Hopefully the newer models are different.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote