View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
joey79
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
So you painted the entire car with tremclad? How its holding up? Durable? Looks perfect in pics!
It's holding up fine so far. It's definitely not as good as automotive paint, but for what it is (a $50 paint job), it's great. It's not perfect, but it looks better than some amateur spray jobs. When I tell people that I painted the car with Tremclad and a roller, they laugh, and call BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY View Post
Its so beautiful!!! Amazing work! Was it hard to find the 323? How's the dogleg transmission?
I wasn't actually looking for the 323i. I'm always searching kijiji, and I noticed the ad for an e21 323i, but I was skeptical. I went to look at the car, and it turned out to be the real thing. There were a few people tire kicking and whatnot, so I just handed the seller the $600(really), and told him it's sold. There was some kid there looking at it who didn't even know how to drive a manual. I don't even like to think about what would have happened to the car if I didn't find it. The dogleg transmission is cool. Takes a while to get used to it, but it's fun and very unique. It also shifts very smoothly, although I do need new shift linkage bushings (already have all the parts, just not installed yet).