Originally Posted by misschigga
It's sad! but with many intravenous drug abusers it's the lack of personal hygiene! Simply because some stop caring all together. To inject the "krokodil" i read you need a huge needle so the puncture wound is large allowing for all kinds of dirt to get in then you ad a weak immune system due to poor diet and drug addiction and BINGO a nasty sore that will grow out of control. Once that dirty bacteria is in the blood stream you can forget about getting better.
Anyone ever googled pics of a liver damaged by alcohol? I think that's just as bad
No, it's way worse than what you're saying. I wish it was as simple as dirt.
In this case they are injecting a very poisonous homemade substance (desomorphine) which simply deteriorates their skin and flesh until it peels off. All of this simply because heroin is too expensive for them.