It's finally here, it's actually looking like Spring now. Time to go cruising!
Date: Saturday May 7th
Time: 11:00am meet, departure closer to Noon
Meeting Place: Kennedy Commons AMC Theatre 33 William Kitchen Rd Toronto
Directions: www.mapquest.ca, www.google.ca
This is a LONG cruise, with some great scenic roads along the way. We will see: rock-faced walls on both sides of us; nothing but water in front as you grab 2nd gear for one particular hairpin with no guardrail; huge, beautiful lakes every few minutes; and finally, very little traffic to deal with. This is a true driving enthusiast's route: twisty, undulating roads, off-camber corners, elevation changes galore, etc.
The total round trip is about 500km. The roads and scenery will not impress until about 150km into the trip, shortly after the lunch stop. If you're not going to brave the whole day it's really not worth coming at all (don't say I didn't warn you!).
* Make sure your gas tank is full the morning of the cruise, and please do this prior to arriving at the meet spot. There is a Petro Canada with 94 octane on Kennedy just south of the 401 (1 min from the meet spot), please fill up there if your tank isn't at least 90% full.
* Food, food, food. Make sure you eat breakfast, as we will not be stopping for food until several hours after moving off (probably around 2-3pm)
* Co-pilot. Bring a passenger along to help you with the navigating as well as to keep you company. It's a long ride, and having someone with you will be a lot more fun.
* FRS radio. If you do not already have one of these, it can be a nice toy to have during the cruise. We will be on a designated frequency (channel 6, sub channel 9) so if you need to alert the group of something important and/or be alerted of the same, an FRS radio will be a great investment.
* Please, please drive safely. This means not passing unless given permission by the car in front, no burnouts where you're going to get spotted by an angry resident, leave space in front, and so on. I'll be going over a whole set of driving rules and signals for everyone to obey, those who don't will be asked to leave.
* A list of the turns on the route (complete with mileage milestones for each turn) will be handed out at the meeting place. Please remember to reset your odometers before we leave the meet spot, so you can follow the cumulative km guide of the map. Also, if you're pulled over by an officer, try not to give them the route please.
* Rain date is set for the following Saturday, May 14. A weather-based decision will be made by 11:59pm Friday May 6 if we need to resort to the rain date.
Random pics from last year (thanks to the photogs):
Click attending on the poll if you're coming! See you there.