View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #12
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBimBap View Post
Not sure if you picked up the lens already but here's my two cents worth.

When I was using Canon (switched to the dark side about 4 years ago) I had the 70-200 f4 non-IS version for about 3 years.

It was sharp. It was durable. It focused fast. And also mentioned by the previous post - it's MUCH lighter than the IS version - which does help handholding the sucker.

I never had a problem with water/dust/fungus with the lens - and I shot with it in the snow (whistler) and the desert (well.. Vegas...) Those L lenses are built to last.

And speaking of lasting.. don't worry about the age of the lens. I've bought almost all my lenses used and if it's a good one.. it'll continue being a good one for a long while.

Of all my Canon equipment that I've sold when I made my switch - it was the white F4 that I missed the most.

Good luck with your new lens. You'll love it.
Thank you. I will pick it up right after the month of February since it is too cold now. In March/April I can play with it as well as test it out at the airport. I also don't think it is worth getting a used one because most sellers are asking 50-100 dollars less than a brand new one. The resale seems good, but I am also new to L lenses so people may try to sell a faulty one.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote