View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
wouldu like some tinfoil?
and more ottawa force stuff comes out:

Lawsuit alleges police brutality
By MEGAN GILLIS, Courts Bureau

Last Updated: November 29, 2010 10:01pm

Eight Ottawa cops — including two embroiled in another abuse scandal — are facing new allegations of police brutality from a woman who complained her arm was broken in a 2008 arrest.

It’s the sixth police brutality allegation to rock the force in the past two weeks.

Roxanne Carr filed notice in court in August she’ll sue eight officers and the police services board.

Carr says the mistreatment — which included a broken arm — involves two of the same officers involved in the ongoing Stacy Bonds saga.

The allegations include excessive force, assault, false arrest and false imprisonment in the Aug. 23, 2008 incident — although an officer was cleared of criminal wrongdoing by the province’s civilian watchdog.

Only more public accountability can root out this “systemic” misconduct among Ottawa cops, said Lawrence Greenspon, Carr’s lawyer.

“These are two cases of many,” he said. “There is and has been for many years a systemic problem with police misconduct as long as I’ve been practicing — 30 years — and there has not been a proper remedy process in place that’s accessible for people who are victims.

“The police complaints process is one that needs to be overhauled,” he said.

Mother claims cop punched cuffed teen

Last Updated: November 29, 2010 9:10pm

the face by an Ottawa police officer while already in handcuffs.

The woman, who doesn’t want to be named for fear it might identify her son — whose case is currently before the courts — said her complaint comes after a May 28, 2010 incident when her son and three of his friends were spotted on Rockcliffe Park Public School property.

She said, around 10:30 p.m., Ottawa cop Thomas MacFadden arrived, in plain clothes and identified himself while her son was watching one of the other boys light a newspaper on fire.

Her son ran and was tackled by the officer, his arms pinned underneath him.

When he was unable to get his arms out, the officer allegedly began punching the teen in the head and throat — breaking his own hand in the process. The officer is also said to have received a split lip in the altercation.

“My son said to officer MacFadden ‘you didn’t have to hit me that many times did you?’” according to the woman.

She said that’s when the officer punched her son in the face again.

None of this has been proven, but is currently under investigation by the Office of the Independent Police Review Director.

Her son faces six charges, four of which were laid after she delivered a letter of complaint to police. He was the only one of the boys charged.

She said the Crown has offered a deal that would see the charges withdrawn in exchange for community service — which she refused, claiming her son already takes part in two annual fundraisers.

its also rumored that:
"Former Ontario Provincial Police commissioner Julian Fantino, the Tory candidate, won the Toronto riding of Vaughan."

Julian Fantino was able to influence and get ridiculous laws like the street racing law put in place by the Provincial Government, but can you imagine the damage he will be able to do now that he is a Federal Member of Parliament. Now he will be able to screw with the rest of Canada too...

I know some people would love if i were banned for posting this. sorry I can't not post this stuff.

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 11-30-2010 at 10:00 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote