Thread: My E36 rant!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #31
Boss17
6th Gear Member

It's funny, I get this comparison to M3's quite a bit. Things like "if I add a few more thousand, I can get an M3". The problem I have with this comment is that an M3 in the aforementioned price range is, 9 times out of 10,`poorly maintained, it's age shows and passed on from owner to owner with no record of maintenance.

I can honestly say that my asking price is no where near what I've put into it. I know that mods do not add value but a properly serviced, well maintained, clean vehicle will yield you more than what is being sold.

I feel sick to my stomach when I add up the money i've spent in upgrades and installation (by reputable shops). I keep all my records for all the work I do. People easily take this for granted, you'd be hard pressed to find an owner who is able to provide you with records and an overall well kept car.

E36's won't become collectors items but that's not what we're discussing here. The core of this discussion is what someone is willing to pay for a clean example of an E36. In my opinion, they're becoming quite scarce and therefore the well kept ones will never be in 5k range.

I'm the 3rd owner of my car, have babied it since I've gotten it, never winter driven, did everything that had to be done and it's current condition shows all of that. If I don't sell, then I simply keep it and continue to enjoy it for the years to come.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD

Last edited by Boss17; 11-29-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote