View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #165
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Well I'll state my case and where I'm putting the sending units.

The Oil Temp and Pressure senders will be located in an Oil Distribution block from bimmerworld. It connects to the back of my Oil Filter housing from the Euro M3 which allows me to run a cooler as well.

But you can use the same oil distribution block with a US style filter housing as well.

As for the water temp. I'm not 100% on how I'm going to do this. I brought home some plugs for the head where the lines run to the throttle body. Going to make an attempt at drilling those out and tapping them to 1/8-27 NPT which is the correct thread for the VDO and most aftermarket senders.

And I don't know anything about Air/Fuel gauges
I bought the M50 block off plate from bimmerworld, and tapped into that. It bolts up to the back of the block to replace the flange where the coolant line went to the heater core. Works like a charm!

Another option that I've heard of is tapping into the aluminium thermostat housing.

Looks good!

iverson - i just picked up a wideband O2 sensor with an AFR gauge. I got the Innovate LC1 system on ebay. I think it cost around $180. Apparently you just need to splice into the wire from the ECU, and the gauge plugs right in. Haven't done it yet though... that will happen later this winter when the new engine is put it.
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote