View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:09 AM   #12
CBimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
that is obviously OEM right? Does the dash have an indash CD player?

Also, I have been looking to do the same thing. I definitely want to put a double din headunit in with Bluetooth, Nav, DVD, ipod aux, etc. I've been looking at the JVC KWNT1. It is a gorgeous double din deck that cost around $1000. According to some research I did its a pain in the ass to install any aftermarket double din in the e39's. They have to do a lot of fabricating in making a kit for it. I got quoted $250 just on labour to install that plus with the aftermarket deck I won't be able to use my steering wheel controls unless I buy a module which is close to another $200.

When all is said and done I'm looking at over $1500. That is just too rich for my blood.
I Had This Same Problem Until I Met The Owner Of "www.number1sound.com" At Bimmer Cruise In Brampton. He Broke Down Exactly What You Said And Brought Me To His 540, Where He Had The Steering Wheel Working, A Kenwood Deck With Touch Screen, Bluetooh And All, Also Handmade A Bezel It Looked Pretty Good. I Have The Factory In-Dash Cass Right Now, Do You Have The Same Or You Have A Factory Screen Which Does Not Require You To Change the Whole Harness Like I Would?