View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #54
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

So I finally got around to fixing the wiring or my O2 sensor. I just decided to use the spare DB15 connector and wire the O2 directly to the MS rather than going through the harness. To my relief it appears that the afr gauge in Tunerstudio is reading the same as the actual wideband gauge.

I'm still having that issue where the car seems to idle ok when it's cold, but once it warms up it wants to die. It seems like it's not getting enough air, because it's running rich and dieing. I need to take a closer look at the idle settings.

Another weird thing happened, since the afr gauge seemed to be reading ok, even though the car wouldn't idle properly, I decided to see if the car would actually drive properly. It seemed to drive ok. Then keeping a close eye on the afr gauge I tried to climb into boost a little bit, as soon as the car got into boost it shut off. The car just completely turned off, I don't have overboost protection enabled yet so i know that's not the cause, and I definitely wasn't near the revlimiter. Has anyone heard of that happening before?

Anyways, when I get some time I'll play around with it a bit more. I still need to buy a license for Tunerstudio so I can take full advantage of it.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 10-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote