View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Ok so I finally got those reducing elbows I needed last week so I was able to finish the car up this weekend.

Intercooler fitment. I wanted to put the fan on the engine side as a puller however there wasn't enough clearance as it was too thick, so for now it will have to stay where it is.

Piping coming from the turbo...

Piping going into the throttle body. I still need to get a fitting welded onto the BOV tube so I can run a tube to the ICV

A few more pictures after I moved it out of the garage

I can actually have headlights now , still need to get a new bucket for the left side as well as 2 new highbeams ...

Ok so now who wants to come over and help me getting running off the MS unit I built

I didn't have too much time to play around with the unit it, I plugged it into the car, all the relevant sensors seemed to be reading fine (MAP, TPS, CTS, IAT). I had all the settings set exactly the same as the settings in the tune I downloaded from diyautotune except for the req_fuel. When I turn the key to the run position the fuel pump would come on briefly like it usually does. However when I cranked the car over I'd get nothing, wouldn't sputter or anything, it would just crank over. As I said, I didn't have much time to fiddle around with it so I didn't check to make sure that it was getting spark, but after cranking it over a few times I could smell fuel, so I'm assuming it's getting fuel. Since I'm back at school now, I won't be able to work on the car again until next weekend but if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Luckily even though there's no more AFM I was able to put the stock DME back in and the car would start up and idle roughly, it would run enough to let me move the car out of the garage lol