View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #14
Ahctuning
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Performance software will not fix an inherent problem with the car. But I wouldn't say that money went down the drain twice if someone did upgrade a car with a problem. He just has to fix the problem and I'll load in the latest performance software. But I will say that when people say their car has a problem and ask me if performance software will fix it, I tell them no it won't and come back after they fix whatever is wrong. I see a few cars that have old software but not many, and most power loss problems are not due to old software, but failing sensors or other mechanical issues.

I have the tools to load in the latest BMW software in all cars made up until around 2005, and will be able to do that if someone wants performance software and has an old version.
Yeah that is the moral honest right thing to do imo. advise the customer to fix outstanding drivability issues then and only then upgrade for performance. You know it.

Mark Im not understanding the bolded part. COuld you please expound on it a little bit.
Ahctuning is offline   Reply With Quote